Saturday, October 23, 2004

Fw: Making sacrifices- Ramadan peace fast day 6

 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 4:50 AM
Subject: Making sacrifices- Ramadan peace fast day 6

Much will be required of the person entrusted with much,
and still more will be demanded of the person entrusted with more."
Luke 12: 48
 
Dear Friends,
 
I have a confession- I broke my fast and ate lunch with a friend yesterday.  Didn't think I could handle watching someone else eat- yet she probably would have fasted with me if I'd asked her.  I'm a typical spoiled American, after all.  I hate to make sacrifices, even if the fate of the world should hang in the balance.
 
Sounds dramatic?   We all know that the future of the planet depends on John Kerry getting elected.  The planet cannot tolerate 4 more years of the Bush cartel's scorched earth politics. 
 
Yes, Kerry is also a plutocrat, and he also belongs to Skull and Bones, but he seems to have some decency and common sense.  Above all, he is working for life, not death.  He has been entrusted with much, and he is rising well to the challenge. 
 
We, the peacemakers, the truthtellers, have a great responsibility right now.  We also have been entrusted with much.  Whatever we are doing to ensure Kerry's election, more is expected of us. 
 
It should be clear to everyone by now that the Bush people are satanic.  They are blatantly destroying the democratic system- tearing up voter registration forms!   Unbelievable!  And so blatant!
 
Now is the time to use the talents that God has given us to the utmost, and to make sacrifices of our time, money and energy to ensure John Kerry's election. 
 
I again invite all of you to join me in fasting for peace during Ramadan.  It involves self-discipline, which many Americans are sorely lacking.  Let us join with our Muslim brothers and sisters in moving closer to God by making this sacrifice.  Please let me know if you are participating.
 
In the name of the Prince of Peace,
 
Carol Wolman
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home