Sunday, May 08, 2005

Life or Death? A Mother's Day Meditation by Carol Wolman, MD

 
Life or Death? 
A Mother's Day Meditation                  
by Carol Wolman
 
Psalm 27: 13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
 
My children are 20 and 25.  As I look around and ahead, I fear for their future and for their children's future.
 
We're already going 90 miles an hour on a dead end street- thank you Bob Dylan.  And the monsters in control are planning to bomb Iran!   Perhaps the munitions makers are hurting right now, with no hot wars going on.
 
Many mothers support the war machine, because they have bought the rapture copout - it says that true believers will be spared the Tribulation and go directly home to Jesus.  These mothers welcome the destruction of life on planet earth, believing that it will hasten their joy. 
 
To them I say: mothers, don't you love your children?  Don't you care about their future?  Don't you know that our love for our children is the same as God's love for us?  Don't you know that He tells us to choose life for ourselves AND OUR CHILDREN?
 
Deuteronomy 30:19  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.
 
Most of us mothers choose life.  We know that war brings death, and we want peace.  We remember that Mother's Day was started as a world day for peace, by Julia Ward Howe. 
 
We resonate with Cindy Sheehan's grief for her son killed in Iraq.   http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/050805Z.shtml
 
The forces leading to destruction of the planet are in power.  They control the money, the military, and many of the churches.  They are seeking to impose a theocracy in the US which institutionalizes the death cult.
 
Mothers, love your children.  Do not lose heart.  God is on the side of life.  He wants us to choose life.  He is good, He loves us, He is here with us.
 
Psalm 27: 13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
 
When I become discouraged about the fate of life on the planet,
I call on God's name with the breath He gives me:
IN      = YAH
OUT = WEH
 
IN      = YAH
OUT = WEH
 
"YAHWEH" means "I AM THAT I AM".  When Moses quailed at the idea of leading the Jews out of Egyptian slavery, He asked God "Who shall I say sent me?"  From the burning bush, God replied "Tell them Yahweh sent you".  
Exodus 3:   14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
 
If we quail at the thought of leading our people out of the darkness and slavery being imposed upon us by the Bush administration, let us take a deep breath and remember who we are- mothers devoted to our children and grandchildren.  We are peacemakers, choosing life for the future generations.
 
IN      = YAH
OUT = WEH
 
IN      = YAH
OUT = WEH
 
In the name of the Prince of Peace, Carol Wolman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home