Sunday, May 01, 2005

Fw: Fw: Carol's essays- great discussion!

Here's Maggie's experience of the battle of Armageddon, warmongers vs. peacemakers, as of 27 years ago.   In Christ, Carol
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:58 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Carol's essays

In a message dated 5/1/2005 2:03:26 AM Eastern Standard Time, cwolman@mcn.org writes:
    You may find it hard to believe, but there are legions of people who         actually hope for Armageddon, because they believe that they'll all         be airlifted to heaven.  (From Eleanor Cooney)
 
I can verify that this statement is absolutely true since it was taught to me twenty-seven years ago.  When I was discussing the then Iranian Crisis which was threatening to lead us into WW III, my RRR companions were insisting that war was the only answer, that God had ordained this war must happen, than only Satan wanted peace without war.
 
I commented to the effect that our faith should be strong enough to bring about peace without war to which one of my companions - a pastor - replied, "Faith is fine but a gun is better."
 
When I said I was praying for peace without war, the response was immediate: "Well you are doing the devil's work and you will go to Hell."
 
Peace,
Maggie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home