Sunday, March 20, 2005

The meaning of I AM by Carol Wolman

"When you lift up the Son of Man,
then you will realize that I AM,
and that I do nothing on my own,
but I say only what the Father taught me."
John 8: 29
 
We all tend to feel helpless these days, in the face of global warming, nuclear weapons and the spread of "depleted" uranium radioactive dust, corrupt politicians, soulless corporations claiming the rights of persons, rampant pollution, etc. etc.
 
It would be wonderful to be omnipotent and be able to perform miracles of healing, enlightenment, forgiveness, as Jesus did.  How do we gain the power of God to do our godly work of saving the planet?
 
Jesus gives us the answer in the above passage.  Put your own ego, the "little I", aside, and do only what the Father teaches you to do.  His law is to love Him and love our neighbors.  With this as our guide, we cannot go wrong, and will fulfill our mission of tuning into the Great I AM.
 
YAHWEH, in Hebrew, means I AM WHAT I WILL BE.  The Easter breathing meditation:
 
Inspire YAH
Expire WEH
 
will help you to drop your ego and to be directly in touch with the great I AM.
 
In the name of the Prince of Peace,  Carol Wolman
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home