Sunday, May 29, 2005

"Radioactive Remnants of War" reframes the debate for me

Hi Carol,
 
 
May I humbly suggest that we use the term
"Radioactive Remnants of War",
which succinctly describes the problem
in mainstream language and
will help reframe and define the DU debate
into the next half-life.
 
I tried to pass my bonza idea on to the greater list you supplied, to spread it, but it doesn't get past my gatepost with all the unfamiliar email addresses.  So much for my moment of greatness.
 
 
Best regards, love, peace and blessings
 
Robert R
Hobart, Tasmania
 
 
Subject: reframing the du debate

 

I heard George Lakoff, guru of "reframing", speak the other night.  Rafael Borras, a local Veteran for Peace, asked him how we can get depleted uranium to be a major issue.  He suggested relabeling the issue: "radioactive weaponry".  The name "depleted uranium" was carefully selected to imply harmlessness.  "Radioactive weaponry" raises a red flag.

 

If you all think this is a good idea, how do we spread it?

 

Peace, Carol Wolman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home